What is SDSL?
Symmetrical Digital Subscriber Line is a brand new technology that
provides symmetrical upload and download speeds for users. That
means whether you're uploading or downloading information, you have
the same high quality performance at an affordable price. Making it
the ideal solution for businesses that have an equal need to
download and upload data over the Internet, while allowing high speed
access to computers on their network.
Will I need a second phone line for SDSL?
YES. SDSL does not share resources with your current phone line like
When you compare the cost of multiple phone lines and dial-up
accounts, SDSL can save you money and provide a high speed
connection to the Internet. And there is no special
wiring involved as SDSL uses the same type of copper wiring as your
existing voice phone lines.
How Fast is SDSL?
SDSL has many speeds. 256kbit, 500kbit, 1Mbit, 2Mbit.
- SDSL is 25 times faster than dialup (with a 56k modem).
- Fast in both directions.
- Because SDSL is a dedicated line, itís always on. Thereís no dialing, no connection delays, and no busy signals.
- Your SDSL line is yours alone. No other business shares your line.
- Send or receive email with large attachments.
- Video conference or video stream is a cinch with SDSL.
- Businesses using an Intranet or Extranet for communication between
employees, customers, or suppliers.
- E-Commerce Severs.
- Home workers needing access to their corporate Local Area Network
(LAN), Wide Area Network (WAN), Intranet or Extranet.
- Technical staff needing access from home to corporate WAN,
LAN, Intranet, or Extranet.